Photo by Chad Runge / Creation Swap

http://www.creationswap.com/media/3165

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Getting psyched for Easter?




I know I'm not alone, but I sure can't wait for Jesus to return! So much so, sometimes I think about what it would be like to die right now and go to Him. I'm not trying to be morbid, but I kind of like the idea of moving on. But I also know that really is out of my control. God has other plans for me right now.

Tomorrow is Easter and I want to be excited. I think I am but I don't have the same "feelings" as I do when I'm watching a football game and get all excited. It's different somehow. I've heard the question asked, "If you can't get up (excited) for Christ like you do football, then you need to reexamine yourself and your priorities." Or something like that.

Truth is, I am excited about Christ and it lasts much, much longer than any football game. If I get the chance to talk about Jesus with anybody, I can get on fire for Him! It's more of a long-term attitude about how I feel about Jesus than a short-term one-day kind of thing. So when it revolves around a "day" like Christmas or Easter, I don't find myself getting all "giddy" as other people. Don't get me wrong, I think being "giddy" or having a certain excited expectation is pretty cool! I think at times, I do get that feeling.

Living for Christ, to me, is so much more than a one-day "feel-good" feeling. I'm passionate about Him and want others to know about Him, but I struggle with the "okay, today is Easter and we need to get motivated." Maybe it's because I think everyday we should have that attitude. Everyday we should be out there telling people about Jesus because of the cross and because of His sacrifice and because He loves us. Every "day" is important!

I also think that comparing my heart and attitude for Jesus to football is not a fair comparison. With football, there's a certain game. If it goes well, I can talk about the "win" for a day or two, but then it gets old. It's an event that has happened and I move on. The euphoria kind of wears off. Suppose I start talking about that "game" over and over and over. That would get old and would get on peoples' nerves. But Jesus! Talking about Him never gets old. His life, death, and resurrection are events that transcend time. The thing is is that I think I'm waiting for the NEXT big event. That's something I'm really looking forward to. Hey, don't get me wrong. The cross is THE event that matters right now and it's important for people to know about Him so they can find hope and salvation that is in our Savior! But boy, I really am looking forward to what is coming. I just hope everyone else is too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment